Psychosocial Issues Experienced in a Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
Relating to the patient
- The suffering of others in the CCU
- Paraphernalia of tubes, machines, wires, etc
- Death of others.
- Possibility of having to witness a CPR etc.
Relating to the Attendants
- Unsure of the progress
- Unaware of patients' perceptions and mental state.
- Watching a medley of news coming from inside for other attendants.
- Crying or wailing of other attendants.
Dressed in white coats and scrubs walking about looking serious and pacing hurriedly creating a sense of emergency and danger.
Post a Comment