Skip to main content


Showing posts with the label consent

Steps to take when a mentally ill patient refuses medical treatment

An adult patient is severely depressed refuses get treated for HCV infection. How should this patient be dealt with ?  First treat depression and then for HCV Treat for HCV and depression without consent Obtain a court order to treat for both The answer is 1, Here are the steps:  Step 1 treat the psychiatric condition Step 2 treat the medical condition If psychiatric condition can not be treated, consider legal action e.g. Court order or consent from relative