You do not need to pass MRCPsych paper-A or Paper B before you apply for the MTI. You can apply to the program before passing any part of the MRCPsych exams. The following are your requirements to enter the MTI scheme.
- GMC-recognized primary medical qualification from an internationally accepted medical institution.
- An acceptable internship (or equivalent) of 12 months.
- Three years of experience working in Psychiatry in the last five years.
- Working in psychiatry for the last year.
- A score of 7.5 in IELTS academic or grade b on OET taken in the last 18 months.
- You have received or will work towards a postgraduate qualification in psychiatry.